Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What we deserve

I started to say "a few weeks ago" and then realized it is actually now a "few months ago"

Time has been slipping on by on me I guess.
ANYWAY

A few months back summer was upon us and I was so excited to get my garden planted, get my kiddos out of school and start enjoying summer. You could say my heart was a bit anxious.

We had it all planned out right after dinner we were going to all jump out there and plant our garden.
This would be our third garden since we moved to Missouri and some of my favorite memories of our summers here involve our garden.

Well, about the time I finished cleaning up dinner it started raining and then it started hailing.
And our garden plans were ruined.

We enjoyed the rain and the kids loved picking up the pieces of hale. But deep down I was frustrated that we didn't get up to the garden. I guess I had it all planned out in my head and though I am learning to let expectations go, sometimes I still struggle with it.

I decided to go on a walk and wouldn't you know it, it ended up being one of the prettiest walks I have even been on. And not only that the Lord poured a lot of wisdom and encouragement into my heart as I walked.

He put Ephesians 3:20 on my heart and it has been a verse that I have stood on time and time again this spring.

As I walked I couldn't help but be humbled by my attitude. I thought I wanted to plant a garden but truth be know God knew what I needed more.

I didn't deserve a beautiful walk and truth poured into my heart, but HE is ABLE to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine.

He blew me away and for that I am so grateful.

Here are some pics from that night.







To God be the glory y'all!