Monday, June 27, 2016

Our mini vacation this year...

Hello friends.

I am sure that many of you have gathered if you follow along on Instagram that Cam and I took our kiddos to Branson this weekend.
I had a family reunion and we were able to stay one night and do some fun things with the kids before spending Saturday with my family.


We looked into staying at a resort or motel, but the one that I found didn't have any availability for our dates and deep down we knew the wisest thing for us to do was to stay at Cameron's grandma and grandpas trailer they have down there.

When I first think vacation I think big splashy fun, but in reality our family is young and they are amused with the littlest of things and they don't pay much mind to the things we think are important.
once again they teach me more about life than I feel like I am teaching them.

we rolled into town late afternoon and Cameron actually had to work for a little bit on a project so the kids and I headed to Target to kill some time.
we had a ball and I always love finding a little something.



As soon as we stepped into the trailer to drop our bags before dinner a wave of memories came flooding back. Cameron and I stayed at the trailer the night before we went to the hospital to have McCoy. Cameron's grandma watched the older kids numerous times when I would go back and forth for doctors appointments both with McCoy and our fourth little baby.
My heart filled with such joy and gratitude for all the life that had happened in that little trailer.

I snapped this picture of a magnet on Cameron's grandmas fridge. the definition of her name
is.so.her



We went out to dinner and then decided to take the kids out on the strip in Branson.
I just cant tell you how special it is to do things with them that we used to do with our parents when we were little.
We wanted to surprise them with go-carts and were so excited to find a kiddy track where the older two were able to drive their own.
They had so much fun and even got stickers that they were so proud of.
We bought McCoy tickets to ride a little train since he wasn't old enough and he was ok with that but he REALLY wanted to drive one of those "race cars"



We stopped and got ice cream and ate it on the back of Cam's truck and watched the cars go by.



the next morning we had a quick breakfast that I packed for the kids and they drew grandma and grandpa pictures thanking them for letting us stay at their little trailer and then we headed to reunion.



we had a great time at the reunion and a big group of us took the kids swimming down at the lake.

the whole weekend was just perfect. I enjoyed everything about it so much. and it was such a sweet reminder money isn't always the answer.



Most of you know Cam and I started Dave Ramsey back in the winter and it has taken some getting used to denying ourselves what we want or think we need, but the outcome of the sacrifice far outweighs the benefits.

I have noticed how much more present we are with our kids and not always distracted by the next thing we want to buy or do.

Anyway...maybe a budget post should come later. But I wanted to mention that incase you are reading along and wishing you could do something fun with your family but cant make it happen this year.