Thursday, April 10, 2014

Just Wednesday

We have had a very busy week this week.
Preschool, new mom meals, lunch dates, birthday parties...all on Monday and Tuesday
but yesterday, yesterday was just Wednesday
we stayed home all day
did laundry, cooked dinner and played outside
Monday we shopped in the pouring down rain and Tuesday bounced back and forth from rain to sun
but Wednesday was beautiful and while baby brother napped we played outside



I told her she was a good momma taking her baby for a walk and she replied "thank you" :)


Spring is slowly sprouting here and its appearance is making us have itchy eyes and runny noses


We retired in before daddy got home because I wanted to make a special dinner. My husband has been studying for his professional engineering test and we haven't seen as much of him lately as we usually do and it has been well, hard being by ourselves so much. Makes me wonder how I ever did it when we lived in Texas and he had such crazy long hours!
He is going out of town today and will be gone while he takes his test so I wanted one last meal to bring us all together again before he leaves.
I made the Pioneer Woman's Rigatoni & chicken thighs. My husband loved it!
Afterwards I cleaned up and they all went back outside. I fought my inner Martha when I looked at my floors and let them lay and ran outside to take a ranger ride with my family!




I am so glad I did.


We rode our property over to our neighbors. It is beautiful right at dusk.
There are tons of deer and there is an old house on the property that is close to one hundred years old.


It blows my mind every time we see it because my husband said a family with eight children lived in that old house. 
It's just a little square.



Today is Thursday.
It is already a full day at 8 am
We have errands to run before pre school, meals to pack up and deliver, we want to meet up with daddy before he leaves town, hopefully a sweet new niece to go meet...and so on

It wont be a leisurely day like Wednesday, but it will be full and fun and just as rewarding.
I was thinking yesterday as I prepared dinner....
"We cant have busy days like Tuesday and Thursday if we don't have slow recharging days like Wednesday"