Sunday, April 6, 2014

gifts....

I have been receiving some really neat things lately



this sign included

I have also received a very very random assortment of other things

pecans, zinnia seeds and a pizza pan

All given to me at different times for various reasons and when I got home and unloaded the seeds and pecans I laughed.

They were given to me by my grandparent in laws and I thought it was so cute that they thought I would enjoy those things.

What seems small to some can make a big difference to others.

I am sure they didn't think long and hard about giving me nuts and zinnia seeds, they just gave.

The sign was given to me by a sweet girl that was in a Bible study this past winter.
She made each of us one and gave them to us the last night.

I cant speak for every girl there but this beautiful act of kindness meant so much to me.

I don't know if each of these people that have been sending little things my way have over thought their gifts, but I can say if it had been me I most likely would have.

I want to serve and give to others but usually things like"Oh they wouldn't really want that" or "they will think that is silly" flood my head and used to keep me from "doing"

but The Lord is constantly transforming my heart and I think less about what people will think when I am giving them something and I just do it and ask God to do the rest

to have His way

But when someone gave me a little something it struck a new cord 

our days on earth are often so challenging and hard and not always happy and it can be such an encouragement when someone has thought of you even in the tiniest of ways like a cottage cheese container full of pecans.



At least that is what happened to me. My heart was greatly encouraged by their random gifts and in the quiet of the afternoon while my babies were sleeping it was as if the Lord was saying, "you are not forgotten" "you are loved" by me and by many, take heart my child in these long days.

Like I said, I am sure no one thought the Lord would speak to me through their gifts, but HE DID.

He used what seemed small because that is how He works.

I am going to use the pecans to make Easter story cookies with the kids and soon we will plant the Zinnias and watch them grow and hopefully they will bring us as much joy and excitement as they did last year.

This lesson reminded me that it is ok to be small, to give small.
We can offer all that we have in Jesus' name and let God do the rest.

"We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love."
                                                                                                                    mother teresa









No comments: