Monday, April 21, 2014

What you miss....

Hello! Whew it has been a busy and full weekend! We celebrated Easter both Saturday and Sunday and had such a great time with our families!
The kids are pooped and we have had a great Monday at home. I have been stripping beds, doing laundry and cleaning.
I love days like today.
I must admit I thought all days of a stay at home mom were like today.
Smooth, calm, children played quietly and I got everything done  I wanted to do.
BOY WAS I WRONG ;)
I know now that when they do happen to enjoy them because things aren't always so smooth and sweet.

Anyway...
Before I share a bit about our Easter I wanted to back up and share some pictures I took a week ago.

One evening we decided to go cat fishing after dinner and we all five had the best time.
Our fishing lasted about ten minutes, but hopefully the memories will last forever.










I love to catch up on Ann Voskamp's blog from time to time (when I have time). All of my emotions and feelings seem to spill out in her writing, she is much better at expressing in words than I am.

A few weeks I ago I read where she shared a letter one of her readers wrote her encouraging her to spend time with her children and not be distracted by things we think are important.

Here are here words:
I am now in my sixties.
I wish I had known then what I know now. I lost a lot of opportunities with my children and the people I love because I was busy doing things I thought were “important.”
My current relationship with my children is okay, but I can only imagine what it would be like now if I had spent more time with them, talking to them, and laughing with them. I think they managed to have those meaningful experiences in life, but it wasn’t with me.
Tell your readers that the cost of distraction is mighty high. It can cost you your life and your happiness. Take it from someone who knows
To read the full post click here.


Her words pierced my heart. I drove yet another stake in the ground on this journey of motherhood and told myself I wouldn't let distractions keep me from loving my babies and being with them.

If there is anything I want to accomplish in this life it is to love well.
To love them well.
To find a way to pour out this abundant love God has given me.
I pray they see Him in me. I am not worthy and I know I fail them, but I want them to know I desired His best for them.

I am thankful for women who share how the failed and what they lost.
Humility speaks loudly.





So that night we went fishing.
I didnt stay back to do laundry, or to have time to myself or to sweep the floors.
I ran outside and rode along, I chased joy with my camera and looked out over the evening and thanked God for all had given me and for gently reminded me to enjoy it.